AMA D2 Racing operates under the rulebook of the American Motorcyclist Association with additional supplemental rules.
D2MX Supplemental Rules
1. Medical Coverage Statement – D2 Promoters Group and race tracks promoting D-2 race events do not provide
medical insurance for members. If you do not have medical insurance we do not recommend racing in a
motocross race event.
2. Beginner Class – The beginner class is for first-time racers only. Racers will only be eligible for the beginner class
for one season. Racers may be advanced to the appropriate youth, Novice or Amateur class of the based upon
their skill level and or evaluation performed by a D2MX promoter or official at any time. If a racer wins five
beginner class races they will also be advanced. Beginner class racers are not eligible for year-end awards.
3. Identification – Racers are required to provide proof of identification. Racers under the age of 18 must have a
parent present at sign up and ID must be verified. Minors with a Guardians must have a Parent Guardian release
form completed and notarized.
4. Minimum Protection – Racers must have the following as a minimum for protection to practice and race:
• Helmet With A Minimum Certification/Rating of SNELL M2010 or DOT FMVSS218
• Long Sleeve Shirt or Race Jersey, It Is Recommended That The Racers Number Is On The Back Of
• Boots Designed For Off-Road Riding At Least 8″ High
5. Recommended Protection – Motocross is a dangerous sport, the possibility of an injury is always possible no
matter how much protection is available and used by the racer. The following is recommended for protection.
• Tear Offs For Goggles
• Chest Protector
• Neck Brace
• Knee Braces
6. Race Fees – Race fees may be different from track to track. Every facility has a different minimum fee they need to
collect to continue operating. Our sport has a business side and if a facility does not collect the minimum amount
of money they need to stay in business they will simply be unable to continue to provide a facility to provide
motocross practice and race competition.
7. Transponders are used at Field of Dreams, Raceway Park and Pagoda M/C. The transponders are the My Laps style,
you may use your own, rent one or purchase one at the track. All racers must have a transponder to be scored.
Racers must return rented transponders at the end of the race day.
8. Racers must have a valid AMA card to race at any event, these can be purchased online or at the track on race day.
To qualify for series points and year-end awards racers must have a valid District 2 MX Competition Partner card
9. In order to qualify for year-end awards, racers must attend a minimum of nine (9) race events of which at least four
races must be completed at both Field of Dreams and Raceway Park for a total of 8 events. Year-end banquet date
and location to be announced in a timely fashion by D2MX officials.
10. Race rules are based on the current year AMA rule book, race classes are listed below
11. Race Classes:
CLASS CLASS NOTES
51cc Stock (4-6) 0-51cc 2-Stroke
51cc Stock (7-8) 0-51cc 2-Stroke
51cc Oil Injected/Shifter (4-8) 0-51cc 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke
51cc Open (4-8) 0-51cc 2-Stroke or 4-Stroke
65cc (7-9) 59cc-65cc 2-Stroke
65cc (10-11) 59cc-65cc 2-Stroke
85/65cc Jr. Mini (9-13) 59-85cc 2-Stroke Max Rear Wheel 16″ Front Wheel 17″ Small Wheels Only No Big Wheel
85cc (9-11) 79cc-85cc 2-Stroke Max Rear Wheel 16″ Front Wheel 17″ Small Wheels Only No Big Wheel
85/150cc (12-15) 79cc-85cc 2-Stroke 75cc-150cc 4-Stroke Max Rear Wheel 16″ Front Wheel 17″ No Big Wheel
Super Mini (12-15) 79cc-112cc 2-Stroke 75cc-150cc 4-Stroke Max Rear Wheel 16″ Front Wheel 19″
Girls (9-13) 59cc-85cc 2-Stroke Max Rear Wheel 16″ Front Wheel 17″
Women (12+) 99cc-250cc Must Be 14 Years Old To Ride 250cc
Schoolboy 1 (12-17) 86cc-125cc 2-Stroke, 75cc-150cc 4-Stroke
Schoolboy II (12-17) 122cc-150cc 2-Stroke, 126cc-250cc 4-Stroke, Must Be 14 Years Old To Ride 250cc
Open Two Stroke (14 +) 122cc-Open 2-Strokes Only
Collegeboy (16-24) 122cc-Open
Youth Beginner ** 59-85cc 2-Stroke, 75cc-150cc 4-Stroke, New Racers Only
Adult Beginner ** 122cc-Open New Racers Only
250 C (Novice) 122cc-Open, Must Be 14 Years Old To Ride 250cc
250 B (Amateur) 122cc-Open, Must Be 14 Years Old To Ride 250cc
250 A (Expert) 122cc-Open, Must Be 14 Years Old To Ride 250cc
450 C (Novice) 122cc-Open, Must Be 16 Years Old To Ride 450cc
450 B (Amateur) 122cc-Open, Must Be 16 Years Old To Ride 450cc
450 A (Expert) 122cc-Open, Must Be 16 Years Old To Ride 450cc
25+ A, B and C 122cc-Open,
30+ A, B and C 122cc-Open,
40+ A, B and C 122cc-Open,
45 + Senior 122cc-Open,
50+ Masters 122cc-Open,
Youth class age is based on the racers birthday as of January 1st. All other classes the age of the rider is determined as of the date of the event.